Every time you workout you dig yourself a hole. Use these rest tips as your shovel to refill it.
1. Target sleep and stress: get 7-8 hours if not 20 min naps. End w/outs with prayer and slow controlled breathing
2. “Consume 0.5-0.7 grams of water per pound of body weight,” says Stuart Phillips,Ph.D.,of McMaster University.
3. Rest between workouts. You should rest at least 2 days before hitting same muscle again and up to 4 days for heavy multi-joint lifts.
4. Allow Enough Time Between Sets. In a recent study in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning recommends 1-3 minutes. I agree!
5. Get Mobility! Stretch! : 1. Foam roll before workout then active stretch 10s per muscle group at the end.
6. Spend Your Rest Days (Actively). Studies show that ( active stretching) moving slowly back and forth at a joint on non-workout days reduces soreness due to clearing out metabolic waste from the muscles .
For more trending exercise strategies visit Blamelessbodyfitness.com